(We suggest that you print these instructions and check off each step as you complete them.)
Network Install - Importing the User Database
Follow the directions below to import User Databases for a Network Install:
Important Note: This must be done on either the computer that is acting as the M/Docs II server, or on a workstation that has been granted administration rights to the M/Docs II server from the M/Docs II Configuration Editor (under the Configure Workstation section).
1. Transfer the backed up user database(s) to a location that you can access from the server (this is the computer that stores the databases).
2. Open M/Docs II on the server computer.
3. Click on the Tools menu at the top of the window.
4. Click on Import User Data, then click the appropriate Yes/No option, depending on your situation.
5. Choose the appropriate radio button.
A. If the file extension is .MDU-Bkp, choose the first radio button, then click ellipsis button and choose the proper file (each database must be imported individually).
B. If the file extension is .mdf, choose the second radio button, then click ellipsis button and choose the proper file (each database must be imported individually)
6. Click Next.
7. Click OK.
8. You will be prompted to back up the current User Database, choose a location for the back up, then click Save.
9. You will see a window listing the items that will be imported. Click Yes.
10. When the import process is finished, click OK.
11. Click Finish.
Repeat steps 3-11 for each database you wish to import.